Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Game show in education

I gave a presentation about two photographers: Edward Curtis and Bernd & Hilla Becker last week for Dialectical Practice and Research class. After my keynote speech, instead of a normal question and answer format at the end, I summarized my presentation as a game show. I incorporated the game "Family Feud" and had the class split into two and guess the terminologies from my discussion and other fun facts from class. Everyone had a lot of fun and got a few eye-turners based on the answers I posted. All in all I think it ended pretty well.

I got the game online and it seems that other teachers incorporate this in their lessons too. If you're interested in trying it, check out the website below. It's very easy to set up your questions and answers:

Flash: Family Feud game

1 comment:

  1. niiiice! i remember playing jeopardy a lot as our gameshow-of-choice for reviewing material in my US History class in high school. always a highlight, and helped me remember things too!

    ReplyDelete