Thursday, September 24, 2009

First trip to Modern Wing...Sweetness

The Modern Wing of the Art Institute was a cool experience to check out. And it's been several years that I came back to the museum in general. I wanted to run to the second floor and check out the Impressionist art work (and blankly stare at all of the paintings including van Goghs) but I had to explore the new addition. The architecture of the building was quite impressive and new. I got a chance to see the Architecture and Design exhibit and the Contemporary Art exhibits. I was also desperately hungry too which I couldn't walk as far. So my hopes to the second floor will have to be another time.


In addition to the new building it was quite interesting to see the latest technology available at the museum's disposal. Rachel showed us the Education Center, which housed the latest media equipment for classrooms and events. Checked out the Educator Resource Center and listened to Japanese music in Studio B classroom. Rachel also showed me the Pathfinder Kiosk (displayed on a Mac screen, righteous) which shows me a path to whatever exhibit I want to see plus more. Now only if they added a 3D walkthrough then that would be helpful on the kiosk...


Nonetheless this needs more time to explore. I plan to go again this weekend and hopefully say hello to Vincent on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment