Saturday, September 12, 2009

Trip to Sear's Tower with alphabet in mind

I just got back from a trip to the Sears Tower. Btw, I still call it Sears because I believe it's the spirit of the building and I don't really care how much money you have if you want to change the name to a historic site (someone explained to me that chicagoians still call it Sears and yell in discouragement when called Willis Towers *cough wheeze*). But overall it's a pretty cool exhibit: the Skydeck Ledge. Sure there are the other exhibits – the history of the building, the founders of the site, events during the construction of the tallest building, and so forth. Overall it's a great place to blend in history and art to a specific installation, especially on one of the beloved towers in Chicago.

During my trip there and back I was busy hunting for structures that shape letters of the alphabet. I found the easy ones pretty fast – O, W, M, H, V, I, P – but the tricky ones I still need are A, R, K, D, G, Q, and Z. I think I should get a majority of them tomorrow if I don't see any today. Piece of cake? I don't think so.

2 comments:

  1. Sears Tower will always be Sears Tower, just like Marshall Fields will never really truly be Macy's. Period.

    And also, if you're into Chicago architecture, you should totally do an architecture boat tour before it gets too cold. They're great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't made it out to the skydeck yet, but am hoping to get up there sometime. really curious about this giant class floored box.

    great photobet, lee! i especially like the 'photoshop' embellishments to help identify letters.

    ReplyDelete